After receiving a bumper crop of entries this month, the January winners of the Fresh Ideas competition can be revealed!
The monthly Fresh Ideas competition received a record breaking number of entries from college and university students across Scotland. Nearly 400 innovative ideas have been received over the course of this years competition, covering a huge range of potential new products and services that could have a big impact.
January’s winners are:
- Emily Breen (University of Glasgow)
- Sophie Steele (City of Glasgow College)
- Ethan Thomson (Edinburgh Napier University)
- Muhamad Adib Rosli (University of Edinburgh)
- Victor Azubike (Robert Gordon University)
- Lynn Cuthbert (West College Scotland)
- Lukas Danev (University of Edinburgh)
- Valentinas Einikis (University of Aberdeen)
- Henry Evans (Edinburgh College)
- Ana Gonzalez Ramos (University of Edinburgh)
- Obaid Hasan (University of Strathclyde)
- Tiernan Haugh (Dundee University)
- Ashley Hearton (University of Strathclyde)
- Aukse Kerseviciute (University of Aberdeen)
- Ceallach MacColla (Heriot Watt University)
- Lynette Nabbosa (Glasgow Caledonian University)
- Giovanni Olakunori (University of Edinburgh)
- Ellen Pellegrom (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
- David Porteous (Robert Gordon University)
- Mark James Robertson (Open University in Scotland)
- Samuel Rogers (University of Strathclyde)
- Nathalia Rus (University of Edinburgh)
- Ada Rustow (University of St Andrews)
- Kirstie Snowdon (University of Strathclyde)
- Vlad Tatu (Edinburgh Napier University)
- Emma Traynor (Glasgow Caledonian University)
- Taylor Whelpton (Heriot Watt University)
The winners and highly commended entries from this month will join those from October, November and December and move forward to stage 2 of the competition, one step closer to a £1000 cash prize.
Exploration Day will take place in Edinburgh on 18 February and will see them working intensively on their ideas and preparing for the competition final pitching in March. The overall competition winners will be announced at the SIE Annual Awards Dinner on 22 March.