SIE’s Get Enterprising competition closed at the end of September and after judging at each institution, the winners can now be announced. The national winner, selected from the winning entries from each institution, is Samantha Rawle from Heriot-Watt University who wins the £100 cash prize!
Get Enterprising! is a fun entry level competition that asks students to identify a problem and suggest a new business or service that would solve that problem. It encourages students to start thinking like an entrepreneur and look for opportunities in their everyday lives.
When asked to identify an everyday problem Samantha said “as a student I never know what to buy in a supermarket/make a meal with what I have for a varied diet”. Her solution to this problem was an online system in which you enter your budget, how many meals you want, foods you don’t like/are allergic to and it will create a shopping list and show you recipes you can make from it.
Well done to everyone who participated!
SIE would like to encourage everyone to consider taking their idea further with FRESH IDEAS which launches next week!
Congratulations to all the regional winners:
- Katerina Staskova — University of Aberdeen
- Michael Brown — University of Abertay
- Naomi Gibson — University of Dundee
- Lucy Nash — University of Edinburgh
- Tiger Strode — Edinburgh Napier University
- Lisa Boyle — Glasgow Caledonian University
- Lisa Geraghty — Glasgow School of Art
- Jessie Jones — University of Highlands and Islands
- Karen Mathie — Queen Margaret University
- Lucie Breton — Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Rajaram. C — Robert Gordon University
- Fanny Rienstra — University of St Andrews
- Ann-Kathrin Hurrle — University of Stirling
- Viki Darbyshire — University of Strathclyde
- Emma Gray — University of the West of Scotland