Putting social innovation to work in Scotland – A collaborative enquiry
Fri, 19 August 2016
Based in Edinburgh, The Melting Pot is Scotland’s Centre for Social Innovation. Since it opened in 2007, it’s Mission has been to stimulate and support Social Innovation. It provides dynamic resources to social change makers and supports collaborations with other socially innovative organisations.
In 2014, it was commissioned by the Scottish Government to explore the question “How can we put Social Innovation to work for the people of Scotland?”
Research Questions included:
- What do we mean by Social Innovation?
- What can we learn from experiences of Social Innovation?
- What priority issues do we wish to address?
- What is our vision for Social Innovation in Scotland?
- What conditions will support the growth of Social Innovation in Scotland?
The 40-page report provides a thorough briefing on social innovation for students and educators as well as providing potential opportunities for new ideas.