Inspiring impact (Students)
Many of us want our work to have purpose and to feel we are having an impact. Amongst ‘millennials’, Deloitte’s survey shows more than 50% say they would take a pay cut to find work that matches their values, while 90% want to use their skills for good.
There is a lot of opportunity for social and environmental innovation, for the pace of demographic, environmental, technological and economic change creates ‘wicked problems’: issues that have several contributory factors, involve many stakeholders and cannot be easily solved.
This resource aims to:
- Inspire you with ways to have this impact and benefit society
- Give you ideas for projects and dissertations
- Connect you with students and professionals in other fields, to help you see different perspectives
- Improve your employment prospects by building problem-solving, creativity and collaboration skills, recognised as key for the future.
- Encourage you to enter competitions that offer funding to get your ideas off the ground
To do this, we offer:
- Ideas and inspiration for projects, dissertation and new ventures.
- Partnerships and events to give you an experience of innovation within key sectors such as healthcare and criminal justice.
- Competitions for your early stage social innovation ideas.