Finalists in the 2019 Converge Awards have been revealed, with women outnumbering men for the first time in the programme’s history and SIE-backed entrepreneurs represented across the Impact Challenge, Creative Challenge and main Converge Challenge categories.
A total of eighteen finalists will go on to compete for prizes from an overall package of funding and support worth £220,000. For those who began with early-stage support from universities, small scale incubators, and SIE business advisors, this represents an exciting step forward.
“We are delighted to see how many of SIE supported students and graduates are in the Converge Finals this year, a perfect demonstration of the effectiveness of Scotland’s joined up approach to entrepreneurial support.”Fiona Godsman, Chief Executive of SIE
The full list of finalists is:
- Astellis – Maggie Ellis – University of St Andrews
- Konglomerate Games – Jamie Bankhead – Abertay University
- Seawater Solutions – Yanik Nyberg – University of Strathclyde
- SolarisKit – Faisal Ghani – Heriot-Watt University
- S’wheat – Amee Ritchie – Queen Margaret University
- Atypical Cosmetics Ltd – Marwa Ebrahim – University of Glasgow/The Glasgow School of Art
- Sculpture Placement Group – Kate Robertson – Queen Margaret University
- SENSEcity Ltd – Pooja Katara – University of Glasgow/The Glasgow School of Art
- Sing Hero – Elizabeth Jenkinson – The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Untitled Comics – Cliff Hughes – Robert Gordon University
- Beltfree by Miss James – Emma James – Robert Gordon University
- Crover Ltd – Lorenzo Conti – University of Edinburgh
- In4Derm – Andrew Woodland – University of Dundee
- mycoBiologics – Fiona Rudkin – University of Aberdeen
- Natantis – Maiwenn Kersaudy-Kerhoas – Heriot-Watt University
- Nebu-Flow – Elijah Nazarzadeh – University of Glasgow
- Speak:Unique – Alice Smith – University of Edinburgh
- Ten Bio – Michael Conneely – University of Dundee
We look forward to watching these promising entrepreneurs proceed through the final stage of the challenge, and to the future impact of their exciting innovations.