We joined the entrepreneurial community to watch the finalists of the sixth Scottish Edge competition pitch on Friday 12th June. 26 finalists pitched to a panel of judges in Edinburgh and the standard was extremely high. We’d like to offer our congratulations to the 16 finalists who were awarded funding and give a special mention to the six winners who are SIE entrepreneurs;
· Victoria Hamilton ( VHInnovation ) was awarded £65,000 in the Scottish Edge competition
· David Hunter ( Shotscope ) was awarded £50,000 in the Scottish Edge competition
· Kanika Bansal ( Medicen Devise ) was awarded £10,000 in the Young Edge Competition and £65,000 in the Scottish Edge Competition
· Mallika Punukollu & Fiona Mitchell ( Safespot ) were awarded £10,000 in the Wildcard Competition
· Stephen Spiers & Jeremie Warner ( Studio2080 ) were awarded £5,000 in the Wildcard Competition
· Christopher McCann ( Snap40 ) was awarded £7,500 in the Wildcard Competition.
Victoria, Kanika, David and Christopher have all received patent funding from SIE so we’re delighted to see them secure further funding to help them continue to grow their businesses.
Round seven of the Scottish Edge will open for applications in Summer 2015. If you’d like to apply, register on their website for the latest news.
Scottish EDGE is a funding competition aimed at identifying Scotland’s top young, early stage and high growth potential entrepreneurs.